Friday, April 8, 2011

Part II - Post Today's Appointment - Houston, We Have...

Ok Girls - you'd better be sitting down for this one. It's happening to me and I don't believe it!
The nurse agreed to allow me to come in for an u/s today, but prefaced it with something like "You're very early and probably won't see a heartbeat - so don't be disappointed." Duh, after going thorugh this four times I think I know that by now. Today, I would have settled for even one sac with a yolk. But, in fact...
 
Houston, we have....

TWO

AMAZING,

BEAUTIFUL,

INCREDIBLE,
WONDERFUL,
SPECTACULAR

HEARTBEATS!!!!!!

I have dreamed of this post for five, long, difficult, heartbreaking years...it's surreal to FINALLY be typing these words.

Baby A had a HB in the low 100's and Baby B had a HB in the 90's (will post exact numbers in a subsequent post - too excited right now). Both measured right on track for 5w 4d (which is right where I am) at 2.2 and 2.1 mm.
There was even a third sac that the u/s tech could see a yolk in, but she said it is very unlikely that it would catch up - that's just fine with us!!!
There was an SCH, but it is no where near either of the babies, so the u/s tech didn't sound concerned at all.
I am still in shock and utterly speechless.

9 comments:

bunintheovenplease! said...

Simply wonderful news!

Lindsay said...

Sooooooo excited for you, flygirl!!!!!!!!! You cheered me up today!!!! Congrats!!!

CMCC said...

OMG!!! I am so so very happy for you and your husband!!
Keep you feet up and float a while on cloud 9, you so deserve it!

Unknown said...

I started crying!!!....it was Stef who said to grab the iPad to check up on you when we got in and I grabbed it, worried to check the post. SO I AM BEYOND THRILLED for you!!!! You are OK!!! And TWINS!!!!! Oh flygirl......congratulations!!! And your heartbeats...so awesome....lots of hugs and love!

Frankie Bee said...

that is so incredible! so excited for you! so glad it is working out for you!

Hopeful1 said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you, I've been following your blog for quite sometime and I'm so very excited for you.

FG said...

Thanks everyone!!!! Woke up this morning and still feel like I'm living in a dream!

R. said...

So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey there...what wonderful news!!! I can imagine your shock and happiness right now! Congratulations!!!

Post a Comment